Although, to be honest, ranch dressing on fried okra isn’t the weirdest thing I’ve heard of. When one of my coworkers was pregnant, she liked cooked carrots with ketchup on them. Ick!
AKA Florida People Are Weird
Olivia, Christian, and I are having a late lunch at Johnson’s Barbeque.
Being from NC and quite fond of bbq, I was hoping for some. The closest thing I could find on the menu is chopped pork shoulder. You get to pick two sides. No coleslaw. No hushpuppies. I ordered potato salad and fried okra. The waitress asked if I’d like ranch dressing for my okra. I have never heard of eating okra with ranch dressing and it sounds absolutely disgusting.
I’m having a crisis here.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
I got a some text messages from Katie just a bit ago. They are still stuck in Haiti. Something is wrong with the plane and they won’t be able to leave until tomorrow.
She told me that she had all sorts of things to tell me.It’s kind of funny…….she’s in Haiti, texting me in Florida, to get me to call the hospital in NC for her, to let them know that because of the plane delay, she won’t be able to work tomorrow night. I’m driving home tomorrow night, so we should both be working Thursday night. I can’t wait to hear all the news!
Got asked by the cashier if I was eligible for the store’s “50 & Over” discount when I made a clothing purchase earlier. I must look older in Florida.
Christian and Olivia stayed up last night playing video games and then wouldn’t get up this morning. I should have gone to Gulfport by myself, but it wouldn’t have been as much fun without the losers. I did go drive around and explore Plant City, and do some shopping.
Of course, the major activity of the afternoon was taking Christian to football practice.
Olivia and I took Christian to football practice this afternoon, and I am very proud to say that tonight I was able to find my way back to his school without any help.
We’re still sitting here waiting for pizza…..they mucked up my veggie pizza somehow and wanted to remake it.
I want to get back before Collin has to leave for work so he can have some.